GIET has taken the lead in the region to offer Vocational Programs which are designed to prepare students for jobs through in-depth hands-on training and practical exposure. Under the ambit of the All India Council for Technical Education, the University of BPUT and the SCTEVT State Board for Technical Education, GIET shall offer a Diploma in Vocation (D.Voc) in Software Development from the session 2019-20. The program is aligned with the institute's expertise and experience in software development and is expected to provide significant value-addition to the students of the state who are desirous of jobs in the booming IT sector.
- Diploma of Vocation (D.Voc) is a three-year diploma program offered at Gandhi Institute for Education and Technology(GIET)
- The D.Voc program is recognized by the MHRD, Government of India, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the SCTEVT State Board for Technical Education
- Voc diploma is considered equivalent to any 3-year diploma program in engineering across India.
- Voc Software Development is a job-oriented program with a focus on imparting hand-on skills with a view to making students employable in the IT sector or with organizations having IT operations and requirements.
- After pursuing D.Voc Software Development at GIET, students shall also be equipped to start their own venture in web or mobile development.
- Voc Software Development is going to be offered for the first time in SCTEVT by GIET, BPUT,B.Voc Software Development is going to be offered for the first time in GIET by SCTEVT , BPUT
- Completely job-oriented program
- Voc has a strong Skill Component as approved by NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies) and NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation).
- Training for the Skill Component shall be delivered by empaneled training service providers
- Modern curriculum aligned with industry needs and requirements
Why D-Voc in GIET?
- GIET is the only NAAC “A” grade accredited engineering institute in Odisha.
- Ranked in the top 100 engineering colleges in India by Dataquest.
- Strong Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) department accredited by the National Board for Accreditation (NBA)
- GIET is the only institution in the region with an active software development division developing commercial software and advanced applications.
- Diversified Industry Linkages with Amazon, IBM, Dell-EMC, Microsoft and Cisco for advanced courses in IT domains such as cloud, big data, networking, software development, etc.
- Top-class IT infrastructure, computer labs and access to Amazon AWS Cloud Development Platform.
- Highly experienced faculty with industry experience and skills.
- Applicants should have cleared their class 10th school examination with minim 50% marks to be eligible to seek admission to D.Voc.
- Applicants with a non-computer background shall be offered a bridge program to familiarize them with computers/IT domain and software development fundamentals.