- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the library. Use of cell-phones is also not allowed
- Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the library
- Documents taken out of the shelves must be left on the table. Replacing the books on shelves is not encouraged as it may get misplaced. Misplaced book is like a lost book
- A non-member can use the library material on the premises with the permission of the Librarian.
- Readers should not mark, underline, dog-ear, write, tear pages or otherwise damage the library documents.
- Newspapers, magazines and journals must be read only in the library on specific tables and should not be taken to any other reading areas.
- No library material can be taken out of the library without permission. Unauthorized removal of anything belonging to the library will be treated as theft and dealt accordingly.
- Any one who violates the rules and regulations of the library would be liable to lose the privilege of library membership and may be debarred from using the library facilities.
- Suggestions on all aspects,of library services are welcome.
- All. faculty, staff, schola rs and students of the institute are entitled to become library members
- Membership is allowed only after submitting a duly filled in and signed membership form, duly recommended by the concerned HoD or office order of joining in the institute. The members are supposed to be conversant with and agreeable to the Library rules.
Fine for late return books/journals
A fine of 5 (five) rupees per day per book will be charged from the defaulting members. The collected fine will be deposited in accounts section and proper receipt will be provided to the member. Membership to the newcomers will be given against request and recommendation by the competent authority like office order etc. User(s) has to return all issued books when he/ she is out of station for more than fifteen days .
Renewal of books
Users can also renew the books again after the completion of charging period, subject to not being requested from some other user.