M.TECH in POWER ELECTRONICS AND DRIVES
The M. Tech (Power Electronics and Drives) branch was started under the department of Electrical Engineering. The post graduate course on power electronics will provide a strong foundation for careers in electrical engineering, power conversion and control systems. The objective of this course is to focus on the fundamental principles of power electronics and its applications. The curriculum structure and the research lab facilities in the Department provide students the knowledge base and practical expertise to meet the challenges of the industry.
This course aims at training graduate engineers in the field of Power Electronics, with the state of the art techniques in system-level modeling analysis, design and integration of motor drives, renewable energy technologies, smart grids and electric vehicles.
The major objectives of the M.Tech. programme in Power Electronics are to equip the students with adequate knowledge and skills in Power Electronics and to prepare them for the following career options:
(1) Research programmes in Power Electronics, Electric Drives
(2) Renewable energy technologies and related areas
(3) Employment in R & D organizations related to power electronics, drives and sustainable technologies
(4) Pursue doctoral research work in-house and various other premier R & D institutions
(5) Work in power electronic circuit design and fabrication industries
(6) Faculty positions in reputed institutions